NO. 4 LOUISVILLE (12-1) AT NO. 3 KENTUCKY (12-1)
Location: Rupp Arena
Line: Kentucky -10
Louisville Players to Watch: PG Peyton Siva, Jr. (9.5 ppg, 6.4 apg); SG Kyle Kuric, Sr. (13.5 ppg, 35.2% 3s); C Gorgui Dieng, So. (10.5 ppg, 10 rpg). Siva is one of the best facilitators in America and gets to the rim with ease.
Kentucky Players to Watch: PF Anthony Davis, Fr. (11.6 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 62.6% FG); PF Terrence Jones, So. (12.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg); Doron Lamb (15.8 ppg, 49.1% 3s). Jones has struggled of late, failing to score in double-figures in his last three outings.
Storylines: The Bluegrass State rivalry is always special. With both teams ranked in the top 4, it should be extra special on Saturday.
Keys to Victory: Both teams are outstanding in the open court. The difference is Kentucky is more sound in the half-court. On the other hand, Louisville has better depth and will hope to run the depth-challenged Wildcats into the ground.
The Bottom Line: Kentucky has bigger, better shooters and scorers. That could be a big advantage down the stretch.
The Pick: Kentucky 83, Louisville 72.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1