(12) South Florida vs. (13) Ohio: Midwest Region
(3) Florida State vs. (6) Cincinnati: East Region
(4) Louisville vs. (5) New Mexico: West Region
(3) Marquette vs. (6) Murray State: West Region
(1) Syracuse vs. (8) Kansas State: East Region
(5) Temple vs. (12) South Florida: Midwest Region
The first full day of action in the NCAA tournament didn't produce the number of surprises that many fans both expected and wanted, with just two lower-seeded teams advancing to Saturday's action. While one should come as no surprise to the country the other finds itself carrying the banner for an entire conference...in its first season in the league. Here are the key happenings by location, highlighted by wins for Colorado (Albuquerque) and VCU (Portland).
With CHN's Greg Mengelt handling previews and predictions for every
game the daily preview will look a little different for the NCAA
tournament, with the focus being the game of the day in each region.
Below are the games on Thursday's slate that you should make time for,
and with four networks (CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV) showing every game in
its entirety, there's no excuse (besides a lack of TVs or laptops) for
you to not have a multiple TV/computer setup in your home. Enjoy the
After the wild doubleheader that took place at UD Arena on Tuesday night college basketball fans were due for a letdown. That's exactly what happened on Wednesday as Vermont and USF won their games in comfortable fashion, paring the field down to 64 teams.
(7) Notre Dame vs. (10) Xavier: South Region