Jon Teitel: You were a two-time All-State basketball player at Pinckneyville High School.
(3) Baylor vs. (14) South Dakota St: South Region
Top 10 Most Likely Upsets
March is no time to play it safe. When you fill in your brackets over the next few days, here are the 10 most likely First Round upsets to focus on:
One of the tricky aspects of filling out a bracket is figuring out which team(s) can jump up and spring a surprise or two. Last season two teams from non-Power 6 leagues (Butler and VCU) reached Houston, and throughout the history of the 64/65/68-team era there have been teams who have made runs. Below are eight teams who can make surprising runs in the bracket, some to win a game or two and a couple others capable of getting to New Orleans.
Jon Teitel: You made the 1989 Final Four with Illinois as a graduate assistant to Lou Henson (who remains one of the 20 winningest coaches in NCAA history).
Canaan is joined on the First Team by fellow guards Scott Machado of Iona and Damian Lillard of Weber St. A pair of senior forwards round out the squad in Dominique Morrison of Oral Roberts and Ryan Pearson of George Mason.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1