MAC - Sub Categories
Overall Rank: #105
Overall Rank: #125
College basketball is a game of history, exemplified by the stars of yesterday who set the bar for today's student athletes. Jon Teitel looks back at some of the forgotten (and not so forgotten) college basketball legends who made our game what it is today. Some of these names might bring back great memories, while others will mean nothing to you, but each of the player's below made an important mark on college basketball history.
In one of the wildest opening days in the history of the NCAA Tournament it took a lot to shock the college basketball world. And 97 points may qualify as "a lot", as in the number of points the MAC champion Ohio Bobcats scored in their 97-83 win over third-seeded Georgetown in a Midwest Region first round game in Providence. One-time Indiana Hoosier Armon Bassett scored 32 points while point guard D.J. Cooper added 23 points and eight assists in a dominant performance for John Groce's squad.
Mid-American Conference (21-14,
An Akron – Ohio Final…should be a good one
A week ago, any team in the Mid American Conference would have been well within their rights to stroll down the glass slipper aisle at their local Foot Locker just to see if 2010 edition possibly came in their size. As of tonight though, only two teams find themselves in a position to be fitted. And while similar in their opportunities to represent their conference in the field of 65, those two teams couldn’t be more different.
Kent State Golden Flashes
Mid-American Conference (23-9, 13-3)
Brendan Bowers will be in Cleveland all week covering the MAC Tournament for CollegeHoops.net.
Upset of the Day: Ohio Bobcats beat Kent State 81 – 64
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1