Listening to Dukie V, you'd think Marquette's win over the Blue Devils last night was the biggest in the program's history. The fact is though that Marquette easily had the best player on the court in point guard Dominic James. James easily outclassed Greg Paulus with 25 and 7 assists as compared to his counterparts 7 and 1. Despite what V thinks (saying this man's full name is simply too painful), beating Duke doesn't automatically mean you're a lock to be a top 10 team all season. Both of these teams have flaws that will be exposed in the future.
Flipping back and forth, I also caught much of UCLA's impressive 73-68 win over Kentucky. While 18 points and 5 boards isn't Earth shattering, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute's play was extremely impressive. This is a kid who didn't score double digits until his 6th game last year and never had more than 15 all last season. With 24 in the season opener, and 18 last night, Mbah a Moute is on pace to be one of the season's most improved players. Its hard to imagine anyone else that has improved so much in the past two years. Perhaps Josh McRoberts should take some lessons from Luc Richard..
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1