While much of the country was caught up in the hoopla that was the BCS Championship Game, an amazing comeback was taking place at Penn State. The Nittany Lions looked to be well on their way to their first Big Ten win of the season, leading a cold-shooting Michigan at the half 31-16. But if you're familiar with John Beilein-coached teams you know that at the snap of a finger they can heat up from the field. And that's exactly what happened in the second half, as the Wolverines outscored their opponents 48-24 in the final twenty minutes on their way to a 64-55 victory.
Just like the MAAC the Northeast Conference is a league that starts league play in December due to its eighteen-game schedule and early March conference tournament. And the league schedule-makers gave their fans a treat with the last two conference champions meeting on Thursday night. Mount St. Mary's (2008 champ) heads to Moon Township to take on Robert Morris (2009 champ) in the league's opening night showcase game. The game will be the Colonials' first home game of the season and their current record (1-4, 0-3 on the road) could mean that a return home is welcome.
Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers
Collegehoops.net's Jon Teitel is in Philadelphia all week bringing you live coverage and interviews from one of the opening weekend's most intriguing venues.
NCAA Tournament Q&A
Robert Morris Colonials
Northeast Conference (24-10, 15-3)
Big Wins: 1/5 at Mt. St. Mary’s (77-70), 1/10 at Sacred Heart (72-70), 3/11 vs Mt. St. Mary’s (48-46)
Thanks to the genius of YouTube, the world has access to thousands of great college basketball videos to keep us busy every second of every day. We'll be featuring daily movies to whet your college basketball appetite. Even if you've seen them before, some clips are just too good not to watch again and again.
ROBERT MORRIS: DANCING
Tournament Odds: Mid-Major Conferences
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1