(4) Louisville vs. (13) Davidson: West Region
Top 10 Most Likely Upsets
March is no time to play it safe. When you fill in your brackets over the next few days, here are the 10 most likely First Round upsets to focus on:
One of the tricky aspects of filling out a bracket is figuring out which team(s) can jump up and spring a surprise or two. Last season two teams from non-Power 6 leagues (Butler and VCU) reached Houston, and throughout the history of the 64/65/68-team era there have been teams who have made runs. Below are eight teams who can make surprising runs in the bracket, some to win a game or two and a couple others capable of getting to New Orleans.
Just days after their win in the SoCon tournament final, CHN writer Jon Teitel was able to catch up with Davidson forward Jake Cohen and guard JP Kulhman. Along with De'Mon Brooks these two have been integral parts of Bob McKillop's team, which also won the SoCon regular season title.
Jon Teitel: You brother Josh played football at Dartmouth. Who is the best athlete in the family?
Jake Cohen: That is a tough question. Josh is good at almost every sport he plays, so I guess he is the best.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1