Sun Belt Conference (20-12, 13-5)
Western Kentucky is once again the favorite after last year's impressive 25-win season. Up and coming teams like Troy, Denver, and North Texas hope to make some noise as well.
Tuesday night brings about a matchup in the Sun Belt and if the first two weekends are any indication of what's to come then this will be a wild season in the league. Middle Tennessee State (3-1, 1-0) hits the road to take on Troy (2-2, 1-0), the preseason favorite to win the conference. But the idea that the Trojans and Florida Atlantic would run away with this thing has fallen by the wayside; there are more options from which to choose and the Blue Raiders have shown themselves to be one.
Overall Rank: #116
Conference Rank: #3 Sun Belt Conference
NEW ORLEANS - WKU, UALR and Troy have earned the top three seeds in the upcoming 2009 Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Championship, set to begin this week. The trio will receive first-round byes and will await their opponents in the quarterfinals in Hot Springs, Ark.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1