PITTSBURGH(AP) The NCAA rejected Pittsburgh forward Mike Cook's request for an extra year of eligibility on Wednesday. His senior season was cut short by a knee injury.
Cook played 11 games before injuring his knee Dec. 20 during overtime of a 65-64 win over Duke.
Under NCAA rules, an extra year of eligibility is possible if the athlete plays 30 percent or fewer of the team's games. Cook played 11 of 32 games - or 34 percent.
He averaged 10.4 points last season. Pitt was 40-8 with Cook as a starter.
ATLANTA - Ra'Sean Dickey, a senior center for Georgia Tech's men's basketball team, has decided to red-shirt the 2007-08 season.
The 6-10, 250-pound Dickey, who has missed the first eight games of the season due to academic ineligibility, also has been forced to miss considerable practice time because of acute tendonitis in his right knee and is not yet able to play.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1