As usual, the 2007-08 college basketball season will kick off with a slate of early season, made for-TV tournaments, and once again one of the best among them will be the EA Sports Maui Invitational.
Five of this year’s eight team field have been to the Final Four in the last four years: Marquette (2003), Duke and Oklahoma State (2004), Illinois (2005) and LSU (2006). Two of them (Duke and Marquette) will begin their new campaign ranked in the Top 10 nationally.
Things change quickly in college basketball. What was a dirty word in March – NIT – is now a positive. For teams on the bubble last March, the prospect of playing in the NIT instead of the NCAA tournament was hard to stomach. However, now that it is November, playing in the NIT – the Dick’s Sporting Good NIT Season Tip-Off – is a welcome experience.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1