According to the New York Post, Iona will relieve mens basketball coach Jeff Ruland of his head coaching duties. Ruland, 139-134 in nine seasons at his alma mater, is currently on vacation in Caribbean and any announcement regarding the direction of the program will be delayed until he returns. One year after the Gaels went 23-8 and represented the MAAC in the NCAA Tournament, injuries hit the team hard to the tune of a 2-28 record.
If the report is indeed true, Iona will pay Ruland $1.2 million to buy out the remaining two years of his contract.
- Getting Steve Alford (assuming it official happens) is a steal for New Mexico. His 152-106 record might not be overwhelming, but Alford brings a few things to the table that you have to love.
A) Publicity. No one particularly paid any attention to the firing of Ritchie McKay.. and except for some love for Danny Granger, no one has paid any attention to New Mexico the past few years.
LONG BEACH, CA -- Long Beach State Director of Athletics Vic Cegles announced today that the contract of 49er men’s basketball coach Larry Reynolds will not be renewed. Reynolds is in the fifth and final year of his original five-year contract.
NORMAL, Ill. – With a coaching lineage that reads like a Who’s Who in college basketball and over two decades of success on the hardwood, Tim Jankovich (JAYNK-ah-vich) was a logical choice for Illinois State’s Director of Athletics Dr. Sheahon Zenger, and as a result, the former Kansas assistant coach was formally named the 18th head coach in Redbird men’s basketball history at a press conference Tuesday morning from Doug Collins Court in Redbird Arena. “We are excited to be hiring a coach with the experience and expertise of Tim Jankovich,” Zenger said.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1