AP Top 25 Commentary: Gonzaga and Iowa State entered the field this week, with a bevy of teams hot on their trail. For Iowa St, getting into the Top 25 is a substantial accomplishment considering their recent history, and it helps their peaking at the right time. With this new ranking and solid Big 12 record, Iowa St could potentially play their way into a 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
AP Top 25: Missouri drops from 3rd to 7th after losing twice, but the rest of the top 10 remains relatively the same. Outside of Missouri, other teams to take noticeable drops include Florida St (7 spots), Florida (4 spots), UNLV (4 spots). New Mexico fell out of the poll just one week after soaring to 18th.
AP Top 25 Commentary: The beauty of being in a power conference is that just one win can erase weeks of doubt. Duke's win over UNC pushed them up 5 spots, erasing memories of the home loss to Miami. Or you can lose a game, in the case of Georgetown, and still rise in the polls (from 12 to 10th).
AP Top 25 Commentary:
The top 6 teams remain the same as last week, and then things get interesting.
AP Top 25 Commentary: The top of the poll remains relatively the same as last week, although Missouri did drop from 2nd to 4th after losing at Oklahoma State. The Tigers face another road challenge tonight at Texas.
AP Top 25 Commentary: There was a major re-shuffling in this week's AP Poll. Only one team remained in the same spot: #18 Mississippi St. The big news is that Kentucky takes over from Syracuse atop the poll, but there were more interesting changes at the bottom.
AP Top 25 Commentary: Syracuse remained #1 yet again after double-digit wins over Villanova and Providence. The Orange have only beaten two ranked teams (both at home), Florida, who fell to 17th this week, and Marquette.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1