1. Pittsburgh finally played a road game.. 2.3 miles from home. Yawn.
A little bit delayed with the Rewind today.. had a little engagement in beautiful Trenton, NJ. I was sworn into the New Jersey Bar this morning (yes, they let me in somehow..), but I'm back at the trusty keyboard this afternoon. Nothing too exciting last night.. as the real action is today.. UNC, Memphis, USC, Kansas State all in action and all on national cable. Nonetheless, here is a shortened review of last night in 10:
Since I slept a bit late
Sunday.. here's a full Monday rundown.. in a whopping 20 bullet-points. That's
right, 33% more bullet-pointed goodness.
1a. Texas beat #1 UCLA and is 7-0.
1b. I took a lot of heat for putting Texas Top 10 in my preseason rankings, so I do feel a bit of vindication. There, I said it.
Serving up an order of the usual.. 15 nuggets on last night's action:
1. What's the deal with NC State? The numbers of the returning "Big 4" have fallen off the table. Ben McCauley's dropped from 14 ppg to 4 ppg. Brandon Costner's dropped from 17 to 11. Gavin Grant's dropped from 15 to 10. At least Courtney Fells is about the same.
2. Their starting point guard was out, the backup was 0-5 from the floor and had just 3 assists.. and UNC still won by 11. That's the sign of a solid team.
Today I serve up the usual.. 15 nuggets about last night's action. Here we go:
1. Good thing Calipari cancelled Thanksgiving.. otherwise Memphis might have lost to Austin peay.. oh wait, it wouldn't have mattered.
2. Taylor King has never met a shot he didn't like.. kind of like Wilt Chamberlain and women.
3. Greg Paulus should take a page out of King's book and realize he should do nothing but shoot threes. (He's hitting 46% from deep).
4. Pittsburgh's 6-0 after beating BU last night.. but for the love of God, can they play somebody?
Due to a shortened schedule last night without any top 25 teams in action.. the usual Replay in 15 will be reduced to a Replay in 10. Onwards to the nuggets of joy:
1. Stephen Curry apparently wasn't happy Davidson dropped out of the Top 25 and took his anger out against Appalachian State. The diminutive guard scored a career-best 38 points in the 71-60 win.
2. That matchup was the country's 2nd in-conference game, as the SoCon has moved to an extended 20-game schedule
I'm back after a little Thanksgiving weekend break. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. As always, the concept is simple. A recap of yesterday's action in 15 quick bullet-points. We begin:
1. Ohio State destroying VMI isn't a big deal. But holding the Keydets to 57 points is a huge deal. VMI hasn't scored under 70 points in over a year, and they hadn't scored under 60 since the end of the 05-06 season.
2. Tied with 20 seconds to go at Kansas and the ball in their hands, the best Arizona could do was a jumper from Bret Breilmaier. Really Kevin O'Neil?