Daily Dribble: Tuesday Night Recap
Today I serve up the usual.. 15 nuggets about last night's action. Here we go:
1. Good thing Calipari cancelled Thanksgiving.. otherwise Memphis might have lost to Austin peay.. oh wait, it wouldn't have mattered.
2. Taylor King has never met a shot he didn't like.. kind of like Wilt Chamberlain and women.
3. Greg Paulus should take a page out of King's book and realize he should do nothing but shoot threes. (He's hitting 46% from deep).
4. Pittsburgh's 6-0 after beating BU last night.. but for the love of God, can they play somebody?
5. Give Purdue credit for hanging tight at #18 Clemson. Right now Matt Painter's team lacks an identity/consistency. 9 guys are averaging over 10 mpg, but no one is above 30.
6. If Georgia Tech managed to beat Indiana (they lost 83-79), they should have ended the farcical Big Ten/ACC Challenge on the spot.
7. Mediocre ACC teams shouldn't be able to hang with the Hoosiers, projected by many to win the conference, in Bloomington.
8. Looks like Kentucky's Patrick Patterson is finally getting into a groove. The freshman's gone for 23, 21, and 19 the last three games after a slowish start.
9. If Northwestern played a DII schedule, would they make the DII Tournament?
10. It was once somewhat newsworthy if Northern Iowa beat Iowa State and/or Iowa.. kind of a score one for the little guy type thing. Now it would be newsworthy if the Panthers lost.
11. UCSB's quietly off to a 6-1 start, behind the play of senior Alex Harris. Last night, the Gauchos put away UNLV at the buzzer.
12. Delaware almost won their first game since February 7th last year.. but they fell 51-50 to Hampton.
13. Sam Houston State remains a perfect 5-0 on the season, beating UWM on the road. The Bearkats also have solid wins against Texas Tech and Fresno.
14. Dartmouth forward Alex Barnett has been lighting it up, doing everything for the Big Green. Look at these all-around numbers: 18 ppg, 7 rpg, 55% fg, 54% 3-pt, 2.3 bpg, and 1.2 spg.
15. Maybe next year, they should start the Big Ten/Horizon challenge. That would be interesting..