Thanksgiving Daily Dribble: Replay in 15
As always, the concept is simple. A recap of yesterday's action in 15 quick bullet-points. We begin:
1. We all know this is the year of the freshman, but it goes deeper than just the Kyle Singlers (25 points last night), Kosta Koufos's (24), and Patrick Pattersons (23) of the world.
2. Dayton freshman Chris Wright had 26 and 12 over Toledo last night, and Pepperdine's Tyrone Shelley had 24 in an OT win over LBSU.
3. Neither of those guys success should be that shocking though, both were consensus Top 100 recruits.
4. In the freshmen still need some work category: The stat-line of Syracuse's Jonny Flynn is pretty hideous. 0-6 shooting with 4 turnovers in 26 minutes won't cut it.
5. Deadlocked at 54, Texas A&M called a 20-second timeout with 6:20 left on the clock. Not sure what Mark Turgeon said, but from that point forward, A&M blew away Washington, going on a 23-9 run.
6. Chaminade's win over Princeton was just their 5th in the 24-year history of the Maui Invitational
7. But the win shouldn't count because Princeton is no better than an above-average D2 team right now..
8. Rhode Island blew a chance to finally get some national respect, losing to BC last night despite leading a large portion of the game.
9. No huge surprise Kansas destroyed NAU on their home floor last night (87-46).
10. But how did that same NAU team play Arizona down to the wire in Tucson? Not a good sign for the Wildcats.
11. Last year, a bogus call gave Saint Louis a win over Missouri State that crippled their tournament hopes. The Bears got a small dose of revenge with a 60-56 win over SLU.
12. AJ Graves is a ridiculous 19 of 35 from three so far this season, a 54% clip. His 5-10 from downtime last night was actually below average..
13. Speaking of threes, Western Michigan used a long range barrage to upend national darling Davidson.
14. Davidson's problem? They get no production outside of Stephen Curry and Jason Richards. The two scored almost 2/3rds of Davidson's points last night.
15. Because its still on my mind, 36 hours later, Russell Westbrook's hair is just ridiculous.
Enjoy Turkey Day!