January 10th, 2012 by Shawn Siegel
January 4th, 2012 by Shawn Siegel
December 28th, 2011 by Shawn Siegel
December 20th, 2011 by Shawn Siegel
December 13th, 2011 by Shawn Siegel
December 6th, 2011 by Shawn Siegel
March 13th, 2011 by Raphielle Johnson
There may be more attractive games on the schedule this Selection Sunday but with the general opinion being that Penn State has done enough to get into the field of 68 that leave the Atlantic 10 final that bubble teams around the nation will tune into. Richmond got to the title game by holding Temple scoreless for the final 4:33 in yesterday's semifinal, likely giving the conference three spots in the Big Dance (Temple and regular season champ Xavier).
March 12th, 2011 by Raphielle Johnson
It's almost become an annual occurrence in college basketball: Seth Greenberg's Virginia Tech Hokies in their customary spot on the bubble. And they looked to be headed in that direction tonight against Florida State in the final quarterfinal of the night in Greensboro, trailing 27-19 at the half and shooting a brutal 17.9% from the field. The Seminoles outscored Virginia Tech 16-6 in the paint and 14-7 in bench points in the first half, and guards Malcolm Delaney and Erick Green combined to shoot 1-for-15.
March 11th, 2011 by Raphielle Johnson
The bubble has been so bad that we've become used to the sight of someone else shooting themselves in the foot. But outside of losses incurred by Colorado State (to a New Mexico team that could work its way back into the conversation), UAB (in overtime to East Carolina) and Washington State (to Washington) it was a good day for the teams most in need of wins at this stage in the season. On the flip side of Washington State's misfortune despite a performance for the ages from Klay Thompson was the second half revival for Washington, with C.J.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1