Vegas Odds: Clemson -1.5 -- Bet at bodog
Why Missouri will win:
Missouri comes out of a tougher league then Clemson, had a better league record then Clemson, and even beat an Illinois team by 13 that Clemson lost to. Missouri is very good at causing turnovers and Clemson has a bad knack for losing the ball.
Tiger to Watch:
Laurence Bowers, F - 10 ppg, 6 rpg, 1 apg
With Justin Safford out, Missouri doesn't have many bigs, and Bowers isn't 100% healthy either (wrist). Still, he's playing and will be key to helping shut down Clemson star Trevor Booker.
Why Clemson will win:
Clemson has beaten 11 Top 100 teams, and sports a highly efficient defense that's good at causing turnovers and preventing the three. Missouri is rather weak on the frontcourt and has no one close to Trevor Booker's capabilities.
Tiger to Watch:
Andre Young, G - 9 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg
Missouri is known for pushing the pace, and Clemson's guards will need to step up to the task. In Clemson's two end of season losses, Young had bad games (more TO's then assists and just 3.5 ppg).
How it will go down:
This is one of the tougher games for me to pick, as their makeup and recent form is somewhat similar (they even have the same mascot..) Ultimately, Missouri has some major edges statistically and their ability to force turnovers will come in especially handy against a turnover-prone Clemson team.
Betting Pick: Missouri
Real Pick: Missouri (this is really a toss-up game)
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1