We’ve covered the preseason All-Americans, Final Four picks and individual team previews. Now it’s time for the fun stuff – the guys who make college basketball so fun to watch. Let the debates begin.
Best Dunkers: Jump with these guys at your own risk.
1) Sam Young G/F, Pittsburgh: Chiseled forward simply overpowers people at the rim.
2) Terrence Williams G/F, Louisville: Looks like he’s jumping off a trampoline at times.
3) Gerald Henderson G/F,
Duke: Gets eye-level with the rim on a regular basis.
4) Derrick Brown F, Xavier: When he decides to attack the rim, there’s no stopping him.
5) Demar DeRozan G USC: Has yet to complete first college dunk, but YouTube his name for his resume…he’s flat-out nasty.
Best Shooters: These guys are in range as soon as they enter the gym.
1) Stephen Curry G, Davidson: Simply the best shooter in the country (139 3's, 44%)
2) AJ Abrams G, Texas: Capable of filling it up in a hurry from outside, quickest release in college basketball (99 3's, 37%)
3) Kyle McAlarney G, Notre Dame: Textbook form on his jump shot, shoots a great percentage from beyond the arc (103 3's, 45 %)
4) Tyrese Rice G, Boston College: Nailed eight 3’s against UNC last year in memorable performance
5) Robert Vaden G, UAB: Tied Curry for most 3’s last year, capable of getting hot in a hurry (139 3's, 41 %)
Best Rebounders: These guys crash the glass like their life depends on it
1) Tyler Hansbrough F, UNC: As Jay Bilas says, he thinks every rebound belongs to him
2) Jon Brockman F, Washington: Rugged big man relishes contact in the post
3) Luke Harangody F, Notre Dame: Knows how to use his body to get perfect position
4) Blake Griffin F, Oklahoma: Super hops combined with incredible strength equals a great rebounder
5) Damion James F, Texas: Always seems to be around the ball
Tomorrow: Top shot blockers, inside/outside combos, and floor leaders. Disagree with Jason's picks? Let us know your top lists below!