With a loaded incoming freshmen class, and with the success of one-and-done stars in the 2006 class like Kevin Durant, Greg Oden and Brandan Wright, the pressure is on for some of the biggest names in recent high school basketball history. O.J. Mayo, Michael Beasley, and Kevin Love are just a few of the kids who will enter campus this fall, trying to prove they can live up to the hype.
Early Offseason All-Rookie Team Projection
G. Derrick Rose - Memphis
G. OJ Mayo - USC
G. Nick Calathes - Florida
F. Michael Beasley - Kansas state
C. Kevin Love - UCLA
G. Eric Gordon - Indiana
G. Austin Freeman - Georgetown
F. Corey Stokes - Villanova
F. Donte Green - Syracuse
F. Alex Tyus - Florida
G. Corey Chandler - Rutgers
G. Alex Legion - Michigan
F. Kyle Singler - Duke
F. JaJuan Johnson - Purdue
C. DeAndre Jordan - Texas A&M
1. UCLA - Back to back Final Four trips could yield championship if Afflalo returns.
2. Kansas - Even if one of Rush or Wright go pro, this is a top 5 team.. but there's a good chance they wont win it all.
3. North Carolina - This assumes Wright is gone but Hansbrough returns. This team is still loaded regardless.
4. Memphis - Even without Derrick Rose, Calipari's squad is primed for a Final Four run.
5. Louisville - With continued improvement from Derrick Caracter, there's no limit to the Cards success.
- Yesterday's UCLA-Kansas game went just as planned. The Bruins were able to shut down Kansas' offense just like SIU did.. but unlike the Salukis, UCLA had a hot Arron Afflalo coming off two subpar games which enabled them to pull away. The only thing that's gone more according to plan is this tournament in general. I don't see Oregon or Georgetown ending that trend unforutnately..
- Lets be honest, you've been disappointed with Greg Oden's play. He's been less future hall of famer.. and more Dikembe Mutombo on an off night..
Its obviously been a while since the last Daily Dribble. I didn't mean to pull a JetBlue and leave you all hanging for a few days.. but the site was down last week and Ive been spending my time getting things running again.