Mike D’Antoni reassures Balkman that, despite his claims, the Knicks don’t regret trading him away: “First of all, who’s that?” D’Antoni was about to walk away from the conversation when he realized it was a bit cold — even for the player we all know by the nickname, ‘Cool’ — and explained.
Here’s an emotional Alonzo Mourning getting his jersey retired by the Heat last night:
by Holly MacKenzie
Very quiet night in the L to recap.
Hamed Hadaddi with 10 points and eight rebounds in less than minutes of play. That’s kind of nuts. He may finish with more, but that’s what he’s got with 3:14 left in the fourth quarter of this Clippers/Grizz game.
What is with Al Harrington screwing up in crunch time? Getting ejected last night in the final minutes of the game really wasn’t smart.
Photos by Jeffrey McCullough
Originally published in SLAM 120
by Ben York
Last Wednesday Steve Nash surpassed Maurice Cheeks for 9th on the all-time Assists Leaders list with 7,393. It was a moment that went virtually unnoticed apart from a few minor blurbs in the papers and quick mentions on television. Unlike others who go out of their way to pull down a 10th rebound late in the game to record a triple-double (even if their team secured the win minutes before), this achievement was attained by Nash as a direct correlation of perseverance and unselfishness.
by Lang Whitaker
While I was glad to see so many of you chime in on the MVP post I wrote the other day, I didn’t expect there to be over 400 responses. Man. So I fired up one of the new Radiohead remix CDs and read through your comments…all 409 of them (as I went to type). And I want to read and react here.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1