The League’s pioneer in the Web 2.0 movement is hanging up his keyboard: “I’m retired from that. At first it was fun, but then it seemed like it was turning into a double-edged sword. Your words can work against you.” Arenas didn’t give any specific examples of how his words have been used against him, but just said, “At first people enjoyed just reading the blog for fun, but then they started trying to read into it and take bits from it.
Allegedly, of course: “Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa are being sued by their former housekeeper, who claims Vanessa was incredibly abusive — even demanding that she put her hand in a bag of dog feces to retrieve a tag from her blouse … so Vanessa could deduct the cost of the blouse from the maid’s salary!
by Marcel Mutoni
Should a nuclear war wipe out life on this planet at some point in the future, only a few earthly creatures will survive: cockroaches and, apparently, Isiah Thomas.
Thomas is reportedly a hot commodity in NBA circles again, with the Los Angeles Clippers being the leading candidate to acquire his brilliant services. Of course they are.
Photo by Atiba Jefferson
Originially published in SLAM Streetball 4
Smush did the NBA thing for a minute, repping the purple and gold. But his real bread-and-butter has always been the park—and the freedom it provides a PG like him. —Tzvi Twersky
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1