Preview & Prediction: By Douglas Phillabaum
Villanova (13-2, 1-1) hosts #23 Louisville (10-3, 1-0) at the
Wachovia Center in Philadelphia in a revealing early season match up.
Louisville is on the road after wins against home-state rival Kentucky and
conference doormat South Florida. Louisville played poorly in its
out-of-conference schedule, falling out of the top ten and looking less and
less threatening to the Big East heavyweights. Villanova has played fairly
well so far--a neutral site loss to Texas, a road loss at Marquette, and a
road win at Seton Hall in overtime show that Villanova still has a lot to
prove. With the non-conference schedule over, both teams will now have
plenty of chances to prove themselves against Big East competition.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1
About Douglas Phillabaum
Need to update info...