Preview & Prediction: By Douglas Phillabaum
#13 Notre Dame (12-3, 3-1)
pays a visit to Freedom Hall to face #21 Louisville (11-3, 2-0) in a
marquee television game Monday night. The question is, will Samardo Samuels
answer the call to defend Luke Harangody, the 6'11" big man for the Fightin'
Irish. Rick Pitino has gone on the record praising Samuels: "[Samardo
Samuels] is a very hard worker. He's doing a fine job of learning how to
pass out of the post. His biggest weakness is defensive rebounding."
However, a look at the numbers shows that Harangody should have a field day
with young Samardo. The key to the game will lie in the matchup of big men,
and at first glance it appears that Notre Dame should have the advantage. If
Samuels gives Notre Dame second chance points, the Irish will almost
certainly cash in the extra opportunities.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1
About Douglas Phillabaum
Need to update info...