Vegas Odds: Kansas St by 16 -- Bet at bodog
Why North Texas will win:
UNT is coming into the tourney on a roll, having won 11 games in a row. The Sun Belt is often an underrated league, just look to recent Western Kentucky teams for proof. UNT played 2 other top Big 12 teams earlier on the road and lost by 14 at OSU and 10 at Texas A&M. Now UNT is playing their best and the game is on a neutral court.
Mean Green to Watch:
George Odufuwa, F - 12 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 apg
K-State doesn't have dominant bigs so Odufuwa can hold his own, and more importantly he HAS to hold his own and control the defensive glass to give UNT a chance. Some O-boards wouldn't hurt either.
Why Kansas St will win:
You don't become a Top 10 team for nothing. The Wildcats have beaten 7 tourney teams on the way to a 25-7 season. Jacob Pullen & Denis Clemente form one of the country's best backcourts, but frontcourt contributions from Jamar Samuels and Curtis Kelly into a great team.
Wildcat to Watch:
Denis Clemente - 16 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg
Clemente is not afraid to fire from deep, but occasionally the shots simply don't fall. In their dud loss to Iowa St, Clemente shot 2-12 from three and 5-18 overall.
How it will go down:
North Texas has the pedigree and track record to give K-State trouble. While K-State is the more talented team and will ultimately win, the score may be much closer then K-State fans expect. UNT hasn't lost a game by 15+ all season, which will continue to be true.
Betting Pick: North Texas
Real Pick: Kansas St
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1