by Chris O’Leary
It’s the dream that everyone has had at some point in their sneaker-loving lives. Whether it’s in admiration of a something that makes the leap from footwear to art, or if it’s scowl-inducing disgust at something that actually made it out of the planning stages, we’ve all wanted to be a sneaker designer. If you’re a high school student with the dream, Jordan Brand has opened up a window for you.
by Ben Osborne
Back in the ’70s and early ’80s, when, in general, the NBA’s dress code could best be described as “flashy” and “funky,” one player still managed to stand out: World B. Free. A personal favorite of mine from his latter days with the Cavaliers, his charisma and flair made the Brooklyn-born streetballer one of the League’s most colorful personalities.
by Chris O’Leary
Just got word from Foot Locker that Nate Robinson will make a special St. Patrick’s Day appearance at the House of Hoops in Harlem (268 W 125th St) this afternoon from 4–5:30 to debut his green KryptoNate shoe’s retail release. For anyone in NYC who’s reading this and is physically capable of travel, considering what day it is, I hope you get down to House of Hoops to take part in this. As far removed as I am from the event, I’m hyped about it!
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1