by Graham Flashner
Given their speed and athleticism, and the matchup problems they pose, you’d think the Rockets would’ve at least been able to take one game off the Lakers this year. You’d think that, with the Lakers just back from the longest March trip in their history – seven games, 13 days – they’d come out flat and be ripe for the picking.
by Todd Spehr
Scott Brooks looked like he just stepped off a roller coaster.
The Thunder’s head coach sat down for his obligatory post-game press conference, looked out at a three-strong contingent of assembled writers (OKC isn’t exactly overflowing with media folks), and sighed. It was December 29, his team had just lost at home to Phoenix, and, at 3-29, was at a low point.
Wait a minute. Shouldn’t it be the other way around: “With seven games left in the season and free agency right around the corner, Lee made a pitch Thursday to remain a Knick as the organization looks to continue its rebuilding phase, with an eye toward landing a pair of big-name free agents during the summer of 2010.
They also don’t want to see him walk away from the game: “I’ll call him up and see what’s up,’’ Carmelo Anthony said before Thursday’s game against Utah about reaching out to his former teammate, traded last November from Denver to Detroit. “I hope (Iverson isn’t serious about retiring).
That’s the word on the street, it seems: “The draft lottery is May 19…and I’ve talked to several NBA executives and scouts who feel like this is going to be a very weak draft year. Some scouts actually don’t like to watch NCAA Tournament games because it can give you a false prospective of a players talent (especially considering the much weaker competition that player could face).
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1