Somewhere, Shaq is preparing a bitter reaction: “Magic C Dwight Howard is going … Hollywood? Howard told the Sentinel on Tuesday that he possibly will have a role in a movie this offseason and wants to pursue acting opportunities. ‘I’m a good actor,’ Howard said after the team’s shoot-around in Cleveland.
Photo by Atiba Jefferson
Originally published in SLAM 66
Sixty-plus issues later and Kobe is still stuck at three trophies. Could this be the year that changes? Tune in. – Tzvi Twersky
And there’s talk of back surgery: “Danilo Gallinari’s once promising rookie season appears to be over. The Knicks announced early Tuesday that Gallinari is headed to his home country of Italy to see back specialists and that he may need surgery to correct a back problem that has affected him since July…This is potentially devastating development for the sixth overall pick of last June’s NBA Draft.
by Chris O’Leary
Just got word from Foot Locker that Nate Robinson will make a special St. Patrick’s Day appearance at the House of Hoops in Harlem (268 W 125th St) this afternoon from 4–5:30 to debut his green KryptoNate shoe’s retail release. For anyone in NYC who’s reading this and is physically capable of travel, considering what day it is, I hope you get down to House of Hoops to take part in this. As far removed as I am from the event, I’m hyped about it!
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1