by Joey Whelan
Day three of the Big East Tournament brings the quarterfinals to the Garden and by far the most appetizing day of college hoops yet. With the top four seeds in action today not only will we get a look at three potential number one seeds (Louisville, Connecticut and Pittsburgh) but for you NBA draft nuts out there, no less than 9 players in action who could hear their name called by David Stern this June.
Sickened by what he was seeing, the injured big man shattered his flatscreen by throwing a shoe at it: “The Minnesota Timberwolves star’s first experience with a traumatic injury has been difficult to handle at times and he has already taken his frustrations out on one TV in his suburban Minneapolis home after being reduced to a 6-foot-10, 265-pound couch potato.
As you’d expect, this was a big deal: “But as the Nets came out of their shootaround yesterday, they filed onto the bus parked at the curb on Sutter Street. Suddenly, somebody said, “Naked lady!” and sure enough, there was a woman seated on a bench just across the street, totally starkers.
Richardson is about winning games, and helping out the less fortunate: “For the second year in a row, the Pistons conducted a charity telethon during a home game. After raising more than $412,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in 2008, this year’s event raised more than $440,000 for Feed The Children, which will use the money to help Michigan family in need.
It will keep him out for at least a couple of games: “Already without Allen Iverson, the Pistons were missing another big-name player Wednesday. That would be Rasheed Wallace, who also won’t play Friday in Toronto. Wallace came down awkwardly on his left leg during the first quarter of Monday’s 98-94 victory over Orlando. He immediately went to the bench and didn’t return.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1