This is great: “You know it’s April Fools Day when Grant Hill shows up in the Warriors’ box score. Twice. These pages might be changed by the time you read this, but for a while: NBA.com gave G. Hill a DNP - OLD AGE/LACK OF TALENT. Yahoo gave him 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting (Hill’s actual line from the Suns win over the Rockets on Wednesday).”
The team’s annual dominance of the month is a thing of the past: “For the Spurs, the month of March is usually just that. A march toward the postseason — regimented, orderly and predictable. This year, however, the Spurs’ March became a headlong stumble into April, a calendar-page of frustration that has put a serious crimp in their annual postseason preparations. ‘We usually have a crisis in January or February or December,’ guard Manu Ginobili said.
The Suns’ floor general spearheads the L’s enviro-friendly initiative: ‘”I think it’s great that we’re taking the first steps to changing the culture and to moving in the right direction,’ he said. Teams will be outfitted with shooting shirts made of 100 percent organic cotton and take part in community events such as tree plantings and recycling drives.
Don’t worry, Beantowners. KG will be ready for the start of the postseason: “I think he absolutely will. There’s always a chance [Garnett won't be ready], but I don’t see that, I really don’t. I would be very, very surprised if Kevin Garnett is not playing in Game 1 of the playoffs.’ … Asked if the Celtics could repeat with Garnett at less than 100 percent, Rivers said, ‘Yes. I believe [...Read More at Source]
by Holly MacKenzie / @stackmack
So the Lakers lost to the Bobcats and narrowly defeated the Bucks last night (104-98). Are we really going to talk about how a team that’s one win shy of 60 isn’t that good? Their defense has looked shaky at best on this trip, but there are a lot of teams who deserve the hate a whole lot more.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1