LEXINGTON, Ky. (October 10, 2008) – Across the rolling hills, from Keeneland to Churchill Downs, the echoes and influence of the thoroughbred are virtually omnipresent throughout the state of Kentucky. The University of Kentucky’s new uniforms pay tribute to the state’s long and prestigious horse racing tradition, as well as that of its men’s basketball program, one that has garnered over 1900 wins and seven championships.
"Nike did a great job working with us to come up with a look unique to OU," said Sooners head coach Jeff Capel. "We wanted to create our own state-of-the-art look while preserving a classic feel, and I think we accomplished that. Our players really seem to like the new design."
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1