Vegas Odds: Ohio St -17
Bet at bodog
Why UCSB will win: The Big West always produces pesky teams in the tournament, and UCSB's overall season makeup is similar to Montana, who gave UNM a good fight yesterday. Forwards Orlando Johnson and James Nunnally are high-level talents that happen to be at a mid-major school.
Gaucho to Watch:
G James Powell - 9 ppg, 2 rpg, 1 apg
UCSB is certainly going to need a 3rd player to step up, and Powell has the ability to pour in 20 points.. the problem is he only does it randomly, so you never know what you'll get.
Why Ohio St will win: The country's best player, a Big Ten title, a Top 10 ranking, 13 wins in 14 tries.. that about sums it up.
Buckeye to Watch:
G Jon Diebler - 13 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg
Ohio St always has the ace in the hole with Turner, but they're really at their best when Diebler is bombing from three. Often times, OSU's losses coincide with Diebler's bad games.
How it will go down: The only question here is how many Ohio St will win by. UCSB has gotten blown out by 20+ in their three hardest road games..at Cal, ASU, and LBSU. Ohio St will win big.
Betting Pick: Ohio St -17
Real Pick: Ohio St
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1