Time/TV: Noon, ESPN
Line: Ohio State -14.5.
Storylines: After a loss at Kansas on Saturday, Jared Sullinger returned Wednesday and the Buckeyes looked like themselves in an 82-58 win over South Carolina-Upstate. South Carolina has been awful this season without Bruce Ellington, who opted to return kicks and catch passes for the Gamecocks this fall.
Key Matchup: Ohio State’s defense vs. South Carolina’s offense. The Gamecocks are shooting woefully (42 percent from the field, 30 from the 3-point line) and they haven’t seen a defense like they will Saturday. The Buckeyes are holding opponents to 41 percent shooting and 34 percent from beyond the 3-point arc.
The Bottom Line: This is a mismatch in every area of the game, particularly if Sullinger’s back spasms have subsided. Even on the road, Ohio State will have a double-figure lead early.
The Pick: Ohio State 74, South Carolina 47.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1