Vegas Odds: Oklahoma St -1.5 Bet at bodog
Why Georgia Tech will win:
The Yellow Jackets were inconsistent throughout the season, but they have the size to give Oklahoma State a miserable time. Derrick Favors and Gani Lawal are future lottery picks in the post, and Zach Peacock can step out and shoot. Iman Shumpert is a talented guard.
Yellow Jacket to Watch:
Derrick Favors, F - 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg
Favors came into the season as one of the more highly-touted recruits in the country. He is a powerful inside player who has the ability to dominate the paint, at both ends of the floor. He will need to control the post against OK State.
Why Oklahoma St will win:
The Cowboys have been solid all year,
led by their perimeter-oriented offense. James Anderson might be the best
two-guard in the country, and Obi Muonelo is a match-up nightmare on the wing.
Keiton Page doesn't look like much, but he can shoot the three with consistency.
Cowboy to Watch:
James Anderson, G/F - 23 ppg, 6 rpg
Anderson was the Big 12 Player of the Year, and a player capable of going off for 30 or 40 points without batting an eye. He is an absolutely explosive scorer who has scored at least 30 points on five occasions this season.
How it will go down:
This will be a battle between
Oklahoma State's perimeter attack against Georgia Tech's talented interior
group. In the end, I think that the Yellow Jackets' duo of Lawal and Favors will
be too much on the inside, and Shumpert will be able to score just enough to
limit OK State's advantage at guard.
Betting Pick: Georgia Tech + 1.5
Real Pick: Georgia Tech
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1