An update of the day's college basketball action so far:
- John Wall filled up the stat sheet in the Wildcats easy 92-63 win over Rider. Wall paced Kentucky with 21 points, 11 assists, 6 boards, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. Patrick Patterson added 19 points and 18 boards.
- Big West title contender Long Beach State picked up a nice road win at Green Bay 81-69. The 49ers next face West Virginia and Texas to finish up a tough stretch to start the season.
- George Washington improved to 3-0 after blowing out UMBC 94-51. Freshman Lasan Kromah continues to impress for GW. The 6-5 guard scored 21 points, including 6 of 9 from three in limited action due to the blowout. GW's been struggling the past couple seasons, but perhaps Kromah will help the turnaround.
- Northeastern came back to topple Utah St 64-61 in a good battle between quality mid-major squads.
- American, coming off back to back tournament trips, fell to 0-4 against FAU 81-69. The Eagles are rebuilding after replacing all 5 starters. 3 of their 4 losses have come at home.
- Oklahoma St put away a somewhat pesky North Texas squad, 82-68. James Anderson led all scorers with 25. On the season, he's averaging 25+ ppg and 11+ rpg.
- Mid-way through the 2nd half, Duke is putting a hurting on Radford 75-46. Duke is 15-26 from three, with 12 minutes left.
Any of today's results interest you? Post your commentary below: