Vegas Odds: Temple -4 Bet at bodog
Why Cornell will win:
Cornell's season is kind of similar to Murray St's, who knocked off 4th seed Vanderbilt yesterday. Conference domination and some impressive efforts against quality opponents early in the year. Temple isn't the type of team that pummels people, so you don't have to worry about a blow out, and so long as Ryan Wittman pops in some threes, Cornell will be in the game down the stretch.
Big Red to Watch:
Louis Dale, G - 12 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg
Cornel's senior PG started the season slowly, but has picked it up as late. He had poor games in Cornell's 3 big non-conference losses to Syracuse, Seton Hall, and Kansas. Anything less then 10 points and a couple threes out of Dale probably won't cut it.
Why Temple will win:
Temple has one of the country's defenses, especially against the 3. If that holds true, it will take a big chunk of Cornell's offense away. Unlike Cornell who came close against top teams, Temple actually has been able to win those games.. knocking off Villanova, Virginia Tech, Xavier, etc.
Owl to Watch:
Juan Fernandez, G - 13 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg
Temple's at their best when Fernandez is playing their best. He had bad games in 4 of their losses (6 ppg on dismal 21% shooting), and missed the 5th. As he goes, Temple goes.
How it will go down:
Expect a good hard-fought back and forth affair, with a score around the low 60's. In Temple's last loss, Richmond hit 56% threes to only 10% from Temple. Cornell will need to somehow break-through Temple's tough 3-pt defense to win. They won't
Betting Pick: Cornell (barely, I'd avoid this line)
Real Pick: Temple
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1