Vegas Odds: Villanova by 18 -- Bet at bodog
Why Robert Morris will win:
Robert Morris made the tourney last year and hung tough against a very talented Michigan St team, losing 77-62. Coming off that experience, RMU will be prepared and ready to go, especially against a Villanova team that's lost 5 of 7 games.
Colonial to Watch:
Karon Abraham, G - 13 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg
RMU's going to have score a lot more points then they're used to. The guy who can fill it up for RMU is Abraham, a freshman guard who shoots 44% from three. He'll need to have a career day here if RMU wants to pull of the shocker.
Why Villanova will win:
Out of 7 losses this year, 4 were against Top 10 RPI teams, and another was against 15th ranked Pitt. Villanova hasn't lost to a sub-100 RPI team since January of 2008.. that streak is not in jeopardy here.
Wildcat to Watch:
Mouphtaou Yarou, C - 4 ppg, 3 rpg
A freshman with raw talent, Yarou missed the first half of the season but is slowly becoming a more important piece of Villanova's puzzle. On a team that's guard dominant, the Cats need some bigs to step up. Let's see if he starts the tournament off on the right foot..
How it will go down:
Villanova's demise has been overstated. RMU simply won't be able to keep up offensively with Villanova, and will have a harder time then they did against MSU last year.
Betting Pick: Villanova
Real Pick: Villanova
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1